Living Opera Classroom Workshops
Feb 03, 2020 9:00am
Mar 30, 2020 9:00am
Venue CRD Classrooms
Free music-based learning and story-telling in regional classrooms
Recommended for grades 3 to 8
Living Opera for FLIGHT: February 3 to 18, 2020
Collaboration in Opera
Opera Anna and Super Geoff return! Through the lens of Pacific Opera Victoria’s 2020 production of Flight, and our school tour of The Flight of the Hummingbird, Anna and Geoff will continue to look at the vital roles both on stage and off involved in staging an opera, as well as expanding on the story-telling techniques employed by singing performers and directors alike.
This 40-minute presentation is for any classroom looking to actively engage in exploring the story-telling world of opera and offers live music and classroom participation.
Arts Education K-7
- Explore relationships between identity, place, culture, society, and belonging through the arts
- Create artistic works collaboratively and as an individual using ideas inspired by imagination, inquiry, experimentation, and purposeful play
- Express feelings, ideas, and experiences through the arts
- Examine relationships between the arts and the wider world
- Reflect on works of art and creative processes to understand artists’ intentions
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of personal, social, cultural, historical, and environmental contexts in relation to the arts
- Observe, listen, describe, inquire, and predict how artists (dancers, actors, musicians, and visual artists) use processes, materials, movements, technologies, tools, and techniques
Language Arts K-7
- Make connections between ideas from a variety of sources and prior knowledge to build understanding
- Recognize how different texts reflect different purposes.
- Engage actively as listeners, viewers, and readers, as appropriate, to develop understanding of self, identity, and community
Teachers: Download the Information Package with details about the Living Opera Workshops for Flight, as well as the Student Preview and the 2020 Opera in Schools tour of The Flight of the Hummingbird.
Living Opera for CARMEN: March 30 to April 17, 2020
Your Classroom!See all events