Support Pacific Opera with Your Donation
It is only with the help of donors who care passionately about opera that we can continue to bring you the vibrant, intimate productions you expect and deserve.
Every donation helps us fulfill our mandate to create and stage an inspired repertoire of original productions; to provide Canadian artists with career-forging opportunities; to nurture and inspire young artists and audiences; and to engage diverse communities in the power of opera.
Not a moment of this magnificent art form is possible without the passion and commitment of opera lovers like you. Your annual support is what keeps opera on the stage, season after season. It is what helps people of every age and walk of life discover the exhilaration of the opera experience.
Read our Newsletter
The Fall 2022 edition of the Bravo Newsletter has been released! Join us in remembering a a long serving member of the board of directors, David Flaherty, in this newsletter here.
“[David] served as president of the Pacific Opera board from 2010 to 2014, and then became chair of the Pacific Opera Foundation, where his leadership in fundraising was crucial to the company’s financial success.
“There is nothing I’m more interested in right now than giving money to Pacific Opera Victoria, and ensuring all the funds are used in an honest, ethical, and efficient way,” David told the Times Colonist in a 2014 feature about his passion for the arts.” – From the Newsletter
Donating stocks, bonds, or mutual funds with capital gains can be one of the most tax-effective ways to give. When you donate shares, you may not have to pay tax on the capital gains. You receive a charitable tax receipt for the value of the shares on the day they are received.
Both Pacific Opera Victoria and the Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation gratefully accept donations of publicly traded securities.
The generosity of many supporters is key to helping Pacific Opera create original productions of great opera, nurture young artists and young audiences, and share this marvellous art form with the entire community.
Ticket revenue pays for less than half of what it costs to have opera in our community. If you care about opera in Victoria and about the future of this vibrant, innovative art form, please consider supporting Pacific Opera.
What does your support accomplish?
- You ensure that every Pacific Opera production is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You help us explore a kaleidoscope of operas and create completely new productions, as envisioned by Canadian directors and designers.
- You inspire children, youth, and aspiring artists with the joy of creativity and learning by supporting programming that introduces live opera performance to students, shares the sheer excitement of opera, and nurtures fine local singers and emerging artists.
- You celebrate the power of story and song with everyone in the community. Our Opera Etc programming brings opera alive with performances, discussions, screenings, and more, inviting everyone to discover opera in the context of the world in which we live.
- You help us challenge and support new generations of opera artists including singers, directors, designers, stagecraft professionals, conductors, and composers, who explore new roles and new works with Pacific Opera.
- You benefit personally with an enriched opera experience. To thank you and to enhance your involvement in the productions you help make possible, we invite you to an array of special events – closed rehearsals, private concerts, tours of our production shop, and more – to bring you behind the scenes and inside the productions you support.
You can support Pacific Opera by making a donation of your unused miles to Aeroplan’s Member Donation program.
Donated miles can help Pacific Opera with travel expenses and with purchasing items for fundraising events and silent auctions. In addition, each charitable donation made through the Aeroplan member donation program is topped up by a 10% contribution from Aeroplan.
To donate miles: Go to Pacific Opera’s Aeroplan Donation page.
Select “Donate Now”. You will then be prompted to log in to your Aeroplan account to complete your donation.
Will the Aeroplan Member Donation program issue tax receipts for donations?
No. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue tax receipts for donations of Aeroplan miles.
Will Aeroplan tell Pacific Opera about my donation?
Aeroplan will not currently supply us with the full names of our donors. Donors’ first name and province are listed on the Aeroplan donation web page unless you choose to be shown as anonymous. However, you have an option to give your email address to the charity when you donate. Pacific Opera would be grateful if you provided your email address so that we can acknowledge your support!
How to donate
By mail: 925 Balmoral Road,
Victoria, BC V8T 1A7
By phone: 250.382.1641
By monthly pre-authorized debit from your bank account: Send us a cheque marked VOID, with instructions on the amount. Donations will be processed on the 15th of each month.
By donating publicly listed securities such as stocks, bonds or mutual funds.
By donating Aeroplan Miles
Registered Charity Number:
11907 5547 RR0001
Suzanne Rigden & Michael Barrett in Countess Maritza, Pacific Opera Victoria, 2019. David Cooper Photography.