Leave a Legacy
A will is the final gift we make to the world – our message to the future. Through our wills, we try to protect the people we love, give joy to those who follow us, and leave the world a better place. Behind all the legal language, a will is simply an expression of love and hope for the future, a gift to the people and causes for which we care most passionately.
By naming the Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation as a beneficiary in your will, you can support the sustainability and vitality of Pacific Opera Victoria for generations to come, and can realize significant tax savings for your estate.
Full Legal Name: Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation
Registered Charity Number: 11907 5554 RR0001
Donors may also elect to designate their current or planned gifts to the Pacific Opera Victoria Association. The main difference is that gifts to Pacific Opera Victoria are usually designated for opera production, artistic and educational programs and special projects.
Full Legal Name: Pacific Opera Victoria Association
Registered Charity Number: 11907 5547 RR0001
In addition to bequests, donors may consider planned gifts made during their lifetime or at death as part of their overall financial and estate planning. Planned gifts may include donations of securities and other future gifts. Donors are encouraged to consult their lawyer and financial advisor about planned giving.
For more information, please contact Pacific Opera’s Director of Development Yvette Guigueno, at 250.382.1641, Ext. 205.
The Bravo Society was established with two major goals:
- To recognize, and celebrate during their lifetimes, the generous people who have left a charitable gift to Pacific Opera Victoria or the Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation in their wills or who have made arrangements for some other type of future gift, such as a trust arrangement.
- To honour the contributions of long-standing friends, supporters, partners, and patrons of Pacific Opera Victoria
Through annual events and receptions, the Bravo Society honours donors in their lifetime, celebrates long-standing friendships, and makes available information on planning a legacy.
With permission, members of the Bravo Society are identified in our house programme donor listings by the symbol B. Members may also be anonymous.
The Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation is a registered charitable society that exists to support Pacific Opera Victoria.
The Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation has the following goals:
- to encourage and facilitate current and planned gifts through bequests and estate giving or other types of future gifts
- to honour the intent of each donor who contributes to the Foundation
- to provide ongoing support for the programs and activities of Pacific Opera Victoria
- to develop endowment funds, reserve funds and other financial assets for the future support of Pacific Opera Victoria.
Pacific Opera Victoria Foundation Trustees
Gary Moser, Chair
Dick Cavaye, Vice Chair
Deneen Cunningham, Secretary-Treasurer
Margot McLaren Moore
Robert G. Milne
Make a Real Difference
One of the most meaningful ways to make a real difference to the future of opera is to make a planned gift, or a bequest in your will, creating a legacy that will contribute to the rich cultural fabric of our community long into the future.
David Trudgen and Stéphanie Lessard in Rinaldo, with Laura Biro and Simeon Sanford-Blades, 2018. David Cooper Photography.
The Magic Flute, 2009. Emily Cooper Photography.