This evening of music, dance, and stunning visuals, staged by Israeli choreographer and director Idan Cohen of Ne. Sans Opera & Dance, celebrates the legendary Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen. Performers featured are world-renowned Canadian bass-baritone Daniel Okulitch, described as “flat-out brilliant” by Opera News, the multi-talented dancer/musician Ted Littlemore, and a classical chamber ensemble of violin, accordion and cello.
This piece was developed through an artistic residency at the Norman & Annette Rothstein Theatre.
We are grateful for the generous support of the Bierbrier Family, who have made this presentation possible in loving memory of Len Bierbrier.
Take This Waltz was created by Ne.Sans Opera & Dance, with support from Chutzpah! Festival, Pacific Opera Victoria, and Vancouver Opera.
Take This Waltz has SOLD OUT!
If you would like to be added to a waitlist to be contacted if a seat opens up, please fill out this form. Thank you for your interest!
- Baritone | Daniel Okulitch
- Dancer | Ted Littlemore
- Violin | Mark Ferris
- Cello | Amy Laing
- Accordion | Nikolay Bine
- Direction and Choreography | Idan Cohen
- Music Direction | Daniel Okulitch
- Movement Collaborator | Ted Littlemore
- Music Arrangement | Adrian Dolan
- Set Design | Amir Ofek
- Costume Design | Christine Reimer
- Lighting Design | Itai Erdal
- Dramaturg | Raïna von Waldenburg
- Technical and Lighting Director | Hina Nishioka
- Production Coordinator and Stage Manager | Marijka Asbeek Brusse
- Set Carpenter | Chris White
- Set Painter | Tegan Klancnik